Saturday April 1
Master the Art of the Perfect Soufflé
Discover the excitement of making a perfect, light and airy soufflé that rises high in the oven. You proudly carry this beauty to the table, and once you and your guests dig in and start to eat you discover the center is soft and creamy like a melting cloud of deliciousness!
Do you wish you knew how to properly master this miracle from the world of eggs? Chef Instructor Bridget Charters is here to show you how! Once you learn the proper techniques, a perfect soufflé is not as fussy or difficult to achieve as you might think. In fact, it’s quite doable for a weeknight supper. On the other hand, think how you’ll impress a table full of guests with your lofty masterpiece!
Bridget will demo several different soufflés as she explains the art and science behind soufflé-making. Then you’ll roll up your sleeves and work in teams of two to prepare both a savory cheese soufflé and a dessert soufflé. You’ll enjoy the classic cheese soufflé you made yourself, accompanied by a French white salad with tarragon vinaigrette, while you wait for your dessert soufflé to come out of the oven. Then you’ll enjoy your dessert soufflé. You’ll go home with all the recipes so you can wow your family and friends with gorgeously puffy, delicious soufflés that rise high above the soufflé dish!
What You’ll Learn:
- The techniques for making a perfect soufflé; the science behind the soufflé and tips for success
- Learn the custard method with béchamel or pastry cream, and learn other soufflé bases
- Classic Cheese Soufflé- demo and hands on
- Winter Squash Soufflé- demo
- Spinach and Mushroom Soufflé- demo
- Classic Chocolate Soufflé - demo
- Vanilla Soufflé with Chocolate Sauce- demo
- Grand Marnier Soufflé with Orange Crème Anglaise- hands-on
If you have a question about this class or would like to beput on a wait list, contact email@example.com and include the name and date of the class with your question.