Monday April 3
Middle Eastern Food$90.00
Ancient Food for Modern Times
Our Chef- Instructor Bridget Charters is a huge fan of Middle Eastern cuisine. For this class she has combed through her top favorite cookbooks such as Greg and Lucy Malouf’s Turquoise, Michael Solomonov’s Zahav, Einat Admony’s Balaboosta, and everything by Claudia Roden.
As Bridget demos and explains the technique for each menu item, you’ll enjoy substantial tastes. Come to this class to learn how to prepare a truly delicious Middle Eastern feast at home, including your own handmade pita!
Bridget will also talk about the various countries of the Middle East and give you a little history and geography (the Fertile Crescent, the Silk Route) that impacted the development of this cuisine.
What You’ll Learn: (all recipes are demo only)
- Pistachio and Dill Rice Pilaf- learn the techniques for making a classic pilaf
- ‘The Imam Fainted’ or Imam Bayildi-The Imam (prayer leader) swooned with pleasure when he was presented with this luscious dish of whole eggplant stuffed with onions and tomatoes and simmered in olive oil.
- Handmade Pita- Bridget will show you how to make your own pita from scratch!
- Chicken skewers with harissa marinade with yogurt sauce(chicken and marinade are demo; sauce is just a taste) This fantastic harissa marinade recipe is a gem!
- Kofte kebab- learn how to make these classic skewers of seasoned and spiced ground meat
- Baklava Cigars- a new way of shaping the best-loved Middle Eastern dessert
Note: if you have a question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and date of the class with your question.