Thursday May 4
Masa Masters Part 2$90.00
Masa Masters is one of the most popular classes at Hot Stove Society. For those of you who want to throw your own Mexican fiesta, or if you want to get in the mood for Cinco de Mayo, Chef-Instructor Bridget Charters will be here to show you how get rid of those factory-made tortillas and learn how to make and cook tortillas and tamales from scratch, but with a new line-up of recipes different from Masa Masters Part 1.
We’ll greet you with a scratch Margarita, and you’ll enjoy warm tortillas with pico de gallo salsa and guacamole. Bridget will show you some spectacular new ways to enjoy the deliciousness of masa, and you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and make fresh masa dough, tortillas, and sweet tamales hands-on. You’ll also make some sopitos shells and take them home.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to make masa dough- demo and hands-on
- How to make handmade tortillas- demo and hands-on
- Fresh Mexican quesadillas- these are the REAL quesadillas! Fresh masa dough, filled and fried - demo
- Sopitos- thick tortillas with raised edges filled with carnitas, Cotija, crema, and pickled radishes- demo and make some shells hands-on and take them home
- Tamale de Casuela- for this “Tamale Pie,” masa dough is layered with corn, chunks of squash, and cheese- demo
- Atole- Mexican hot chocolate thickened with masa- demo
- Sweet tamales in banana leaf- demo and hands-on
If you have a question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, contact email@example.com and include the name and date of the class with your question.