Friday February 23
How to Cook a Duck$90.00
Do you love to order duck in a restaurant but feel intimidated cooking it at home? Most of us can put chicken on the table without a second thought. But preparing a duck is unfamiliar, and what are you supposed to do with all that fat? Chef Chris Schwarz, Executive General Manager of the Tom Douglas Restaurants, has decades of professional chef experience. In fact, he trains our own chefs, sous chefs, and line cooks! If you want to learn how to cook a duck properly, this is the class for you.
Chris will teach you everything you need to know about preparing and cooking a duck from the butchery of raw duck, to carving roast duck, to making duck confit, to pan searing duck breasts, braising duck legs, and using the wings. Enjoy substantial tastes of all the duck-licious dishes that Chris will demo, and go home with all the recipes.
What You’ll Learn: (all recipes are demo only)
- The difference between a Pekin duck and a Muscovy duck
- Whole roast duck with coriander- how to carve a roast duck
- How to butcher a raw duck
- How to make duck confit
- Peri Peri rubbed smoked duck wings with charred scallion ranch dressing
- Duck confit and lacinato kale panzanella salad with preserved peppers, crispy Brussels sprouts and goat ricotta salata
- Coriander roasted duck “ramen” with charred onions, soybrined egg, pickled turnips and wilted greens
- Crispy pan seared duck breasts with spicy kumquat sambal
- Garlic and sage braised duck legs with sunchokes, Bloomsdale spinach and Josh’s leeks
Note: if you have a question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, contact email@example.com and include the name and date of the class with your question