Monday February 19
Cooking Italian, the Authentic Way
The new book, Autentico, by Rolando Beramendi, is a definitive guide to authentic Italian food. Rolando is the founder of the Italian fine food importer, Manicaretti. Truly a ‘chef’s chef’ as well as an industry-renowned tastemaker, Rolando has been praised by luminaries such as Ina Garten, Mario Batali, Thomas Keller and many more.
We are excited to welcome Rolando to this class which is not only a cookbook demo from his stunning new book but also includes an olive oil tasting which will open your palate to a whole new level of sophistication. We’ll greet you with a welcome snack of Crostini e Fettunta (no demo of snack). As you watch Rolando demo recipes from his book, you’ll enjoy substantial tastes of each dish.
A copy of Autentico is included in the price of the class and Rolando will sign your book!
What You’ll Learn:
- Introduction to Autentico and a video viewing
- Understanding extra virgin olive oil and the 5 types of oils: cooking, mild, medium, robust and Olio Nuovo
- Tasting of these oils: Rustichella d’Abruzzo, Olio Verde, Frescobaldi Laudemio, Capezzana, and TONDO
Demo Menu: (demo only)
- Risotto Verdissimo: The Greenest Risotto with Principato di Lucedio Carnaroli Rice and Olio Nuovo
- Calamari in’Zimino: Squid with Tomatoes, Bitter Greens, and Red Wine
- Zucca con Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena: Poached Baby Pumpkins with Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
If you have a question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and date of the class with your question.